Inspired by a number of people who have been listing the programs they use on their own computers I decided to give it a go myself. These are the programs I use on a near daily basis, There are a number of other programs I use for different things however do not need a mention here such as Anti-Virus programs. It’s interesting going over the list and see how many programs you actually use. I recommend you give it a go yourself post it online and link it back so I can check it out.
- Firefox: Firefox, easily the best browser on Windows.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: For email I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, I did use Mozilla Thunderbird for a long time but upgraded to Outlook 07 upon recommendation by an acquittance.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: For RSS feeds, I like the idea of managing email and feeds via the one program.
- Foxit Reader: Foxit Reader is a excellent, lightweight PDF reader and creator.
- Winrar: Great ZIP and RAR extractor. Does everything I need.
- Filezilla: The easiest program I have found to use. The new Beta is also a nice change.
- Azureus: Not a fan of their new beta Vuze. However their general program is easy to use and light.
- iTunes: Decent for music on Windows and Podcasts. Also a must have for an iPod.
- VLC: The best video player available. Plays basically anything without the need to download codecs.
- Windows Media Player 11: Decent for WMV files. Only thing I use it for.
- Macromedia Fireworks 8: I have tried the new CS3 version from Adobe however it isn’t much different except the name change. I love Fireworks, great for simple tasks.