I do not usually source posts from elsewhere but saw this on BizPodcasting and a link to the original post on PR Thoughts. Anyways it is a good list of 10 Good Reasons for a Broadcaster to Podcast.
- A good way to give a second life to a huge amount of content that would directely becomes archives.
- An opportunity to create and develop a new audience which might become a new community for the brand.
- A way to prepare an evolution to “Television on Internet”.
- Generating new traffic on the corporate web (podcasters and bloggers will link to the new available podcast).
- Providing a new form of content, for a younger audience.
- Generating some rare content, available only and exclusively through the podcast.
- Making some buzz to launch new TV shows: give pieces of exclusive previews through the podcast to give a flavour of it prior to the big launch.
- A new source of revenu: you can have sponsors for your podcast (allocine is the first in France having been including ads in the show).
- Generate excitement for existing shows by producing “best of XYZ”.
- An interesting way to reach niche audiences that would not normally be reachable for financial means.
to full post at PR Thoughts.